Maine Medical Center Summer Teen Employment Program
This program is for individuals ages 15-25 who have a diagnosed disability and a desire to work! Please email or call Jessica Minor at MINORJ@mmc.org or (207) 662-2714 to learn more about this program.
Video credit: Mike Boucher, Sonic Pictures
Please email or call Jessica Minor at MINORJ@mmc.org or (207) 662-2714 to learn more about this program.
- On the job support/coaching
- Bi-Weekly workshops to learn about job-related issues
- Career portfolio development
- Clients gain a clearer vision of personal likes, dislikes, wants and needs when considering career choices and future work environments
The STEP Program Includes:
…a wide range of work experiences in the Greater Portland community such as food service, office support, garden center, hospital worker, and customer service.
- Receive weekly evaluations of their work performance
- Complete weekly self-evaluations of their work performance
- Create a career portfolio
Jake worked in IT Support and is good at following directions.
Having a job means I get a paycheck and I have my own spending money. ~Jake
Marina worked in linen services and is proud of her work.
I feel successful. ~Marina
Matt worked in food service and likes to be organized.
Having a job, to me, is like having a family. ~Matt